Thursday, October 2, 2008

What is the Good Life anyway?

It's got to be good both in the sense that it is enjoyable and fulfilling for me, and that it does something to help those people with half-lives, or worse, as Ted Honderich talks about in the Principle of Humanity.

Before getting to the talk of half-lives, I was thinking of responsible living --green energy consumption and sustainable agriculture. I suppose there's always progress to be made on those fronts.

In addition to my inveterate consumption of art-like objects --which makes living sweet for me, but is at odds with green living-- I have to admit that I don't do anything to help all the people not living in comfortable oblivion.

Just look at what happens when you decide that you will not write about pop culture. You don't have anything to say.

No comments: