Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Horror! The Horror!

It's the 1st of October and round here that means it's time to kick off the Season of Blood: 31 days of non-stop horror movies to prepare the soul for the only feast day that I enjoy celebrating--that's right, CANADIAN THANKSGIVING.

No, that's on the 12th, but since my job requires I attend an in-service on that day every year, it is pretty faughing horrible.

Anyways, I want your suggestions--there's no need for them to be good movies, as I care very little about quality. I generally prefer supernatural horror, and I think I'll start this year with Nosferatu, which I didn't get to last year. From all y'all I want a bleeding, screaming, weeping, flesh-rending stack of cheap thrills deep enough to keep me occupied until November.

And. . . go!

2 comments:

Christopher B said...

Let's see... some favorites:

Fright Night, Return of the Living Dead, Dracula (1979), Die, Monster, Die!, The Old Dark House, Horror of Dracula, Salem's Lot (1979), The Changeling, Watcher in the Woods, Sleepy Hollow, The Thing (either version), Shadow of the Vampire, The Haunting (1963), Evil Dead I & II, The Unnamable I & II, Re-animator (all), From Beyond, Dagon, Hellraiser I & II, The Haunted Palace, The Tomb of Ligeia (and any of the other Vincent Price/Roger Corman films), The Mummy (1932), The Mummy's Hand/Tomb/Ghost/Curse...

I could keep going for quite some time, so I'll stop now. ;)

Aaron Nuttall said...

Thanks, Christopher! Somehow I knew you'd deliver the goods on this topic. . .