Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I haven't read Ibsen either

Not that that's relevant to today's generally irrelevant-to-anything post: a quote from an interview with Joss Whedon (on forbes.com) from before Dollhouse aired:

Forbes: This show is more cerebral--and perhaps more niche--than we're used to seeing on the broadcast networks today. Is there room for shows like this?

Whedon: Well, I don't want to be accused of saying, "I'm so much smarter than Fox." The concept is tricky, but it's not exactly hard to follow. It's not like we're shooting Proust. But whether or not it's niche, depends on how many people respond to it. And I assume it probably will be because most of the things I do are, but it's not like we set out and said, "Which people do we want to alienate."


Gee, I hope they're not shooting Proust--that's the plot for me 'n' Josh's comic book idea about Baudelaire! (Actually, it was Rimbaud, you know, as in "Rambo.")

No comments: