Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let's Get the Band Back Together

First, a piece of personal communication that has no place in a stately public forum such as this blog: Alan (our first first violist and first second side drummer) told me last night at band practice that he read MY WHOLE BLOG.

I want to apologize for having wasted his time--or, worse than wasting it--like, actively abusing his time, like a cheese-grater of the mind's eye or something.

Anyway, I placed an order for Swords & Wizardry from my friendly local game store (All About Games in Boise) today. I hope you'll do the same. I hear that kind of thing is good for the hobby. I'll just have to take their word for it.

I guess this means I should play some S&W. Hear that Tommy? Maybe you can get some use out of the lovely rules booklet that you had so painstakingly spiral-bound!

Pretty soon I'll have me a copy of Raggi's The Grinding Gear. I wonder, is there a connection here? That title sounds like this adventure might be something of a meat grinder, which might just suit the kind of gaming groups I've experienced: abortive fits and starts.

Fine. I hereby assemble a gaming group and purpose to run them and dozens of their hapless 3x5-sized S&W characters through PITS OF RUTHLESS CRUSH.

Also, we'll graft on the soap opera rules from Amagi Games.

1 comment:

T. Smitty said...

Pits of Orange Crush sounds nicer and tastier.

Oh fine, Ruthless variety it is.
I shall scrounge up my spiral bound copy and come forthwith.