Friday, April 2, 2010

The Voidship, Cloudsource

This is obvious and probably too of-the-moment (or worse, totally last year), but I've just come to fear that this really is the future:


The first generation to grow up texting and twittering--always in contact with everyone and living in public--is completely comfortable with the hive mind concept, so comfortable that it just happens organically without anyone even taking notice.


So now the human race is a single consciousness. If you thought the overnight eruption of Wikipedia was a marvel, wait till the same principle is applied by a whole planet to manufacturing starships.


This is what interstellar civilizations will look like.


Individuality is hopelessly outmoded. Resistance is . . . well, you know the rest.




An early design of the voidship Cloudsource.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I wandered over expecting some inconsequential, but delightfully zany gonzo-ery. You've just blown my mind the other ("2001") way.

Aaron Nuttall said...

Endless apologies, Chris. I will redouble my efforts to resume the expected tomfoolery and awesome/studpidity forthwith. I have this notion of a thinking toilet-paper trap I want to develop.