Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Skeksis of the Gloor Waste

So, there have to be Vulture Men, right?


(source)

These skeksis are the gloor-tainted vestiges of the Vulture Lords of eld, before the Plague of Blue Gloops and the fall of super-science.

They are laughably frail, vain (despite their horrid rotting-turkey-head faces), petty, greedy and full of devious tricks and magic gadgets. And YOU can play one.

Of course, they like to suck the Essence out of the Unicorn Folk, who are like Gelflings, only they're from ThunderCats:

What the fizz? The Wikipedia entry doesn't cover the Unicorn Folk? Does anybody know their proper name? They have stars on their foreheads, you know, like a weird species of Sneetches.



God, what a song!

2 comments:

Scott said...

LOVED the Dark Crystal. Apparently there's a sequel in development.

I especially loved the Skeksis, as did all right-thinking people. I seem to remember there being a lot of good extra stuff about them in the novelization, but I was a wee shaver when I read it, so it may have been total crap.

Aaron Nuttall said...

The novelization--I'm interested in reading that. I wonder what I might discover at my local library . . . where I am employed.