Double Octopus is where an octopus has eight tentacles with octopuses at the end of them. That is as awesome as God, who is an Octopus With a Beard at the Center of the Galaxy.
Double Bear is a bear at both ends.
Now, you'll want some alternates, for skin changes and such. (I always liked that the monsters in Dragon Warrior were usual just different colored rehashes of lower-level monsters. Some say it's a weakness of the game but I was always charmed.)
Alternates In Awesomeness
- or Squid, Cuddlefish*, Nautilus
- or Ostrich
- just Bat
- or Monkey, obviously
- or Tick
- or Any Great Cat
- or Eel Mmm. Barbecued eel.
- or Wolverine, Badger, Mongoose
- or Lobster, Centipede, Earthworm
- or Piranha 3D
- or Monitor Lizard, Gecko
- just Wolf. Okay, maybe Fox
- or Owl, Crow, Stork (check out the jabiru. Rad!)
- or Hippo, Walrus, or Just Really Big
- or Human
- or Hedgehog, especially if drawn by Doris Matthäus
- or Lemur, Pangolin
- or Ram, Goat, Tapir
- just Bull, but maybe Elk or Moose
- not particularly awesome, but: unicorns, centaurs, hippogriffs, seahorses.
So, what I rolled just now is Vulture Bear. The obvious thing would be a skin-change of the Owlbear, which is still pretty awesome for all of its obviousness.