Friday, December 9, 2011

2011: the Best Of

Twenty-Eleven wasn't just the year when I stopped blogging, it was also the year during which I consumed some pop culture in several media. What was the best?

Oh, and it looks like few of these things actually came out in 2011. What can I say, I'm slow.

Best RPG product: Anomalous Subsurface Environment. It's the dungeon I wanted to write.

Best Videogame: Skyrim, big surprise.

Best Movie: How to Train Your Dragon (I submit that this is the best D&D movie ever.) I also liked Bridesmaids a great deal, if you must have somethign from this year.

Best Wedding: Me and K.

Best Book: All Clear by Connie Willis (it's the second half of the story started in Blackout, and it probably came out in 2010). It gives more of sense of beingn transported to the past than Stephen King's otherwise very engaging 11/22/63 (which I'm 70% through).

Best Comic Book: Wonder Woman #1 by Azzarello and Chiang or maybe it should be Habibi by Craig Thompson, if it wasn't so detatched from reality.

Best Board Game: 7 Wonders . . . it's fantastic, if not from 2011. I bought a few games that came out this year, like Sun of York and Sekigahara (though those might be reprints.) I'll have to let you know how I like them . . .

And since the only value of a list like this is that it might draw your attention to something you missed, I hope that you'll share your own list, maybe even in the comments below, but on your won blog is good too.

I hope to be here more often in 2012--hey, I may even start up an Old School campaign again!

And there's no Best Music category because I don't really listen to new music. What can I say, I think I'm old. Oh wait, I'm really digging the new Megadeth:




2 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, thanks Aaron, glad you liked ASE!

Aaron Nuttall said...

You're welcome Pat!