Friday, March 1, 2013

Mongoose's Lone Wolf line has been terminated


Just go here and read about it.

It's lovely timing, as I have an event coming up on my calendar called "5th Anniversary of the Magnamund Mega Deal."

Five years ago I paid Mongoose about $660 for a full line of reprints of Joe Dever's Lone Wolf books, up to about number 30, many of which had never been published before. Or something.

They managed to deliver, in those 5 years, 17 books and now the line has been terminated. Oh, there were also two novels in addition to the game books. So that's about $34 per book. Subscribers are being offered credit in Mongoose product, which is somewhat generous to those who can imagine any product they'd want from Mongoose besides Lone Wolf.

Oh well. I haven't even read any of the books in these 5 years--well, I read Flight From the Dark through once last year and hated the stuff they'd added to it.

No comments: